I’m honoured by the range of people who have offered to support my campaign. A selection are listed below; all endorsements are in a personal capacity. Find out how you can help out and get involved here.
- Alan Matthews, Professor Emeritus of European Agricultural Policy. Fellow, Trinity College Dublin.
"Oisín would bring a committed voice on social and environmental issues to the Seanad fully consistent with the Trinity values of openness, tolerance and respect for evidence”.
- Alice-Mary Higgins, Policy Coordinator, National Women’s Council of Ireland.
- Bernard Dunleavy, Senior Counsel.
- Brian Harvey, Social researcher in the fields of poverty, equality and human rights.
- Dr. Bríd McGrath, Information Consultant, historian of early modern Ireland.
- Dr. Cara Augustenborg, environmental scientist and communicator. Lecturer on “Business and the Natural Environment” at Trinity’s Business School and on “Climate Change and the Environment” In UCD. Chair of Friends of the Earth.
"I've worked with Oisín for over eight years and have found him to be the most committed and innovative environmental advocate I've ever had the pleasure to know. His capable voice for a healthy environment and stronger democracy is desperately needed in the Oireachtas today."
- Cillian Lohan, Chief Executive of the Green Economy Foundation, Chair of the Board of the Irish Environmental Network. Member of the European Economic and Social Committee.
- Duncan Stewart, Broadcaster, architect, environmentalist.
- “Oisín is a powerful advocate for the action we need to secure our future. He would make an essential contribution to the next Seanad. Irish people urgently require an effective ‘watchdog Senator’, dedicated to policy reform on climate change and new measures to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.”
- John Brennan, Manager Leitrim Organic Farmers Coop. Board member, Friends of the Earth.
- John Sweeney, Professor Emeritus of Geography, NUIM. Ireland’s leading climate scientist.
- “The science of climate change demands an urgent response from politicians. Over the last decade Oisin has led the campaign for Ireland to rise to the challenge. I can think of no one better to take this crucial issue into the Seanad.”
- Joseph Curtin, Senior Research Fellow at the IIEA with responsibility for climate change. Research Fellow at UCC. Member of the Climate Change Advisory Council.
- Justin Kilcullen, Executive Director of Trócaire, 1993-2013.
- Kate Ruddock, Head of Policy and Advocacy, Friends of the Earth.
- Mark Cumming, Head of Comhlámh - volunteers and development workers in global solidarity.
- Niamh Carty, Director of International Programmes, Oxfam Ireland. Former Head of Programme Development, Christian Aid Ireland.
“It is my pleasure and privilege to count Oisin Coghlan amongst my colleagues and friends. Oisin is a true global citizen who understands that what’s good for the planet is good for Ireland in terms both of the fight against climate change but also more broadly in relation to social justice and sustainable development. He is fiercely intelligent, passionate and full of good common sense. We need more voices like Oisin’s in the Oireachtas and I am delighted to support his bid for a TCD seat in Seanad Eireann.”
- "I ask you to support Oisín Coghlan because of his committed but science-based and nuanced approach to the critical environmental challenges facing our society; because of his skill in lucidly and wittily communicating the urgency of meeting those challenges; and because of his understanding that they can only be met through renewed and practical dedication to the principles of equality and justice, which our democracy has shamefully neglected in recent times."
- Patrick Keatinge, Professor Emeritus of European Integration. Fellow, Trinity College Dublin. Member of the Royal Irish Academy.
- Peadar Kirby, Professor Emeritus of International Politics and Public Policy, UL
“I know no one who could rival the track record and experience of Oisin Coghlan and better able to galvinise action on climate change through our political system. I strongly support his candidature for election to Seanad Éireann.”
- Robin Hanan, Director of the European Anti-Poverty Network Ireland.
- Sarah Benson, Head of Communications and Development, Headway.
- Iseult White, Founder of TakeCare – Building resilience in people and organizations.
- Victoria White, Author, Irish Examiner columnist, environmental campaigner.
"I have worked with Oisin on many environmental campaigns and am delighted that he is attempting to bring advocacy against dangerous climate change, the biggest challenge ever faced by humanity, to the floor of the Seanad. He will have my vote.”